The Evatt Trophy Competition engages high school students in world affairs andissues through debating mock Security Council resolutions from the position of an assigned country.
In pairs, delegates will be assigned a country and one resolution a week prior tothe competition. They will then develop their stance on the prepared resolutionfrom the perspective of their assigned country. On the day of their round, they will debate, amend and finally vote on the prepared resolution and also one impromptu resolution.
The competition provides a forum for high school students to meet other like minded students and develop their public speaking and negotiation skills. It fosters learning through a non-teaching environment and creates a positive and empowering experience for students who are interested in international relations, politics and world affairs.
The competition is open to students in years 9-12 from all over the Perth metropolitan and outer metropolitan suburbs, as well as regional areas. Watch this space for the Delegate Handbook, which will have all the info you need to know, even if you’ve never done Evatt before!
A workshop will be run to give an introduction to Model United Nations, and to run you through the rules of the competition! This workshop is compulsory to compete in the competition and will take place at Perth Modern School on the 23rd of July at 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm. More details will be emailed to those who register.
Metropolitan Perth Rounds will take place across July and August:
- Round 1: Friday 31/7, 4:30-7:30pm – Wembley Civic Centre
- Round 2: Saturday 1/8, 9:00am-12:00pm – Christ Church Grammar School
- Round 3: Saturday 1/8, 1:00pm-4:00pm – Christ Church Grammar School
- Round 4: Sunday 2/8, 2:00-5:00pm – Bull Creek Community Centre
- Round 5: Friday 7/8, 4:30-7:30pm – Wembley Civic Centre
- Round 6: Sunday 9/8, 2:00pm-5:00pm – Bull Creek Community Centre
Regional Rounds will take place on the following dates:
- Geraldton: 27/7, time TBC – location TBC
- Bunbury: 3/8, time TBC – location TBC
- Busselton & Margaret River: 4/8, time TBC – location TBC
- Kalgoorlie: 6/8, time TBC – location TBC
NOTE: You only need to attend ONE of these rounds! You will receive your round allocation two weeks prior to your round, and your country allocation one week prior.
SEMI- AND STATE FINALS
Registrations are already open for Evatt 2020 and close July 16th! Make sure to register ASAP, as Round and Country Allocations are assigned on first-in, best-dressed!
Registration costs are $40 per head for Metropolitan students and $20 per head for Regional students.
If you have any further questions please contact the convenor, Edward Elias, at email@example.com.